Skip to main content

Storybook Plan

As I have discussed in some of my previous posts, the premise of my storybook will focus on Greek mythology. While the portfolio was an idea I entertained, I am excited to pursue my take of Greek mythology figures. Specifically, I will examine the stories of Apollo, Artemis, and Atlas. The theme of the storybook will take these gods and titans and convert them to high school seniors applying for college. Essentially, I will be writing college applications for each figure from their own perspective. For Apollo, my story will focus on his battle with Python, and how he would use this to convince colleges he is an appealing candidate. My story on Artemis will retell her heartbreak story with Orion and how her tragedy has shaped her to be a motivated college student. Finally, Atlas's college application will focus on his story with Hercules and his task of bearing the weight of the heavens. As an older non-traditional applicant, he will detail why he is ready for a change of scenery and for an opportunity to grow. The story styles will be in first person from the viewpoint of either Apollo, Artemis, or Atlas. I will try to center it around a typical college applicant perspective, so each figure will do their best to present themselves in the best way in order to convince colleges that they are the best fit for them. Additionally, I might include resumes of each mythological figure to add to the website. The website will try to resemble the Common App in order to keep attuned to the theme of the storybook. Check out my post on my storybook laboratory for more information of my storybook!

Bibliography: 
https://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakainaPython.html
https://www.theoi.com/Ther/DrakainaPython.html
https://www.theoi.com/Olympios/ArtemisFavour.html#Orion
https://www.ancient.eu/Atlas/
https://www.theoi.com/Titan/TitanAtlas.html#Bearer

Wikimedia: The Common App, a site many college students never want to see




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing the RealNeal

Wow. It is crazy to think that I am already back in Norman for my junior year. While my first two years were full of unique experiences, I never imagined that I would be a writing a blog to begin my third year! To start off, I am psychology major on the pre medicine track. Ever since I took psychology in high school I found studying the mind and the way people act so interesting. However, I always had the goal of becoming a physician which explains the pre-med track.  Although I am an OU student, I still consider myself a proud Texan. I come from a relatively small town in East Texas where high school football is king and perhaps the most famous thing is that Matthew Mccounaughey graduated from my high school (he even came to our high school graduation this year to give a speech!). Wikimedia Commons : Longview High School Now some other facts about me. I am a huuuuuuggeeeeee tennis fan. I have been playing tennis since I was 7 years old, and played through out high school. N

Comment Wall

Welcome to the Greek mythology Common App comment section! Feel free to comment, share, or predict whose application will have the most success! Link to storybook : https://sites.google.com/view/greekcommonapp/home Wikimedia : Temple of Apollo, a major figure of the storybook

Barcelona: My Favorite Place

A Christmas trip to Barcelona following my first semester at OU introduced me to a city that captured my heart. Because of my previous experience in highschool taking art history, I was engrossed in the modern architecture of the city, mainly of the work of acclaimed architect Antonio Gaudi.  Moreover, the night life and unique Catalan traditions conveyed a city with a blend of modern and traditional tastes.  Finally, as a huge soccer fan I was amazed by the sight of Camp Nou, the home of Barcelona FC and one of the cathedrals of soccer. (La Sagrada Familia; personal image) (Local food market; personal image) (Max Pixel:  Camp Nou , Home of FC Barcelona)